Like A Message In A Bottle

I've always liked to believe I was a mermaid in a former life. The smells, sights and feelings of being near the ocean have always been a giant pull for me. There's this weightless freedom that comes from swimming in the sea or just walking by it. There is no other place in the world where I feel quite as calm as I do on a beach.

I think it comes down to the fact that every year, during my childhood, we would go on the same beach holiday to Cornwall. Even now, it's still my favourite place in the world.

This week my Mum and I have been talking about going back this summer, because it's been about five years since we last went, and we miss it desperately.

And so... queue the nostalgic scrapbook pages!
I wanted to keep this layout simple. My original plan was to stamp the poem on one page, but I couldn't get it to work as it felt too busy for me. So I decided to make these pages as a pair to be displayed next to each other in my album. The numbered chipboard banners from my Project Life Everyday Edition really came in handy.

Talking of the poem, I'm not sure who wrote it - eek! I found it when I was having a Pinterest binge the other day and it just really resonated with me.

The colour scheme was a simple: black, white and ochre. The paper on the first page was from Amy Tangerine's 'Stitched' collection, and the second was from a Kaisercraft by Studio Calico 12x12 paper pad I found in TK Maxx. The glitter hearts are also from Studio Calico and I'm seriously hoarding these because I don't know how I could ever be without them.


I didn't want to introduce any more colours or embellishments because I wanted the main focus to be the poem.

On the first page is a picture of my brothers and I from our first holiday to our fave beach. And the second was taken on the back of a speed boat, from the last time I was there.




Whilst these aren't the most ground-breaking of pages, I think they serve as a nice break in my album to stop, read and reminisce.

- Elsie



No comments :

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

Back to top
Copyright © 2017 Elsie Robinson
Designs: FlyBird's Box.