My One True Love

I've never been one for Valentine's Day; I'm one of those cynics! But this year... I've surprised myself by finding that I was looking forward to it. Now, you may think it's because I have some sorta hot date...

And you're right, I do. This year I can spend Valentine's with my one true love: pretty papers!

What?! This girls got her priorities in order, I tell ya!


I knew that there would be some lovely collections released at this time of year, and Crate Paper's Hello Love (which I received as part of my Like For Ever 'Smitten' kit) is perhaps one of my favourites ever.

I've been in a bit of a 'scrappy funk' these past couple of weeks; the creative juju has been running a little low. Yesterday I was getting really frustrated with myself, because I just felt so completely flat and uncreative. So I said to myself that I would spend 30 minutes making something, and that would be better than nothing.


I kept it simple, a grid layout using a 3x3 photo and squares of paper. Pink papers on the bottom and black and white papers layered on top.


One thing I love about these Valentine's collections is that they're not offensively lovey-dovey (!), they're pretty versatile in both the patterns and colour schemes. I pulled some scraps from LFE's previous 'Twenty-Sixteen' kit and some Felicity Jane scraps I had lying around. They matched perfectly with the Hello Love collection so I was a happy bunny!


I apparently can't help but stitch on every single layout. I fudged up the stitching in quite a few places on those squares, so don't look too closely! But I decided to keep them anyway, as I didn't want the stitching to look too neat and perfect... At least that's what I'm telling myself!


I also didn't want to over-embellish, because I couldn't bring myself to cover up the papers and I didn't want the layout to get too busy. So I pulled just a few bits of ephemera from the Twenty-Sixteen kit, some wood veneer stars from my stash and my trusty Felicity Jane stamps came in handy too.


So is there anything you guys do when the 'creative juju' is running low?

Thanks for reading!

- Elsie

No comments :

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

Back to top
Copyright © 2017 Elsie Robinson
Designs: FlyBird's Box.